Remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in protecting you personal details and protecting yourself from possible fraudulent activity. When you set a password, it’s a good idea to use a mix of numbers and characters, Most sites these days will set a minimum number of characters to use, but please avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number.
- Example of weak password: Steve5
- Example of strong password: g5A2d3Bt18f
It’s best to avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts, because if a criminal gains access to it, all your accounts could be at risk. Multiple passwords keep you safer. It is also a good idea to change your passwords on a regular basis, especially for sites you use frequently and which involve financial transactions. If you ever get a request to reveal your password for an online site, do not respond. Legitimate sites and services will not ask you to send them passwords via email. You can re-set your password on http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk at any time by signing into your account and choosing the edit your password option. If you have forgotten your password, just click on forgotten your password and enter your email address on the 'Forgotten your password' page, and we will email you a link that you will need to click on to reset your password. Keep yourself safe from malware and viruses with adequate, up to date security software on your computer. For more information on online safety and passwords, there are a number of useful websites such as Get Safe Online, Microsoft Safety & Security, Google good to know
Your Transaction Security
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide.
http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk maintains the highest levels of security.
- Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, for online payments in our online store we use Stripe – Secure Payment Processing. You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
- Stripe recognise that security is one of the major concerns for the shopper during an online transaction, Stripe use state of the art security tools and techniques to ensure that you are protected against online fraud. In reality, an online purchase is probably more secure than a card transaction conducted in a shop, over the telephone or by fax - because Stripe ensure that your online purchase details are encrypted using complex logarithm methods. For more information about Stripe online security visit the Stripe website at https://stripe.com/gb/features#seamless-security
The information you provide during an online transaction is treated confidentially, and not disclosed to a third party. Welland School of Dancing have adopted a set of guidelines to protect our users' privacy, these comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk protects users' privacy to the maximum extent possible.
- http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk undertakes to use in good faith the information obtained from users of its website so that private information will not be distributed or sold to third parties, except with the consent of the user.
- http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk can, in accordance with law, collect certain information about users obtained during the use of website (excluding information about computer and on the Internet service provider ) or the data entered in the registration process. http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk shall use these data only to have information about the users that use it and thus improve the portal and to further focus and adjust its contents to the visitors. Based on these data, we find what are the most popular contents and in which visitor groups. Data collection of this type in this or larger extent is common, and it is used by many world-renowned web sites like MSN, Google etc.
- http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk undertakes not to use the collected private information, such as e-mail addresses, names and surnames without users' permission or to sell or distribute them, except demographic data for a group of users without disclosing private information.
- http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk undertakes to protect the privacy of the portal users, except in the case of serious violations of the rules of http://www.wellandschoolofdancing.co.uk website or unlawful activities of users.